Church Planting School
Welcome to the Stone Mountian Baptist Association’s Church Planting School. This school will give participants a strong foundation for starting a new church. Please read the details below prior to finalizing your paid registration.
What will be covered?
The following subjects will be covered:
- Core Values
- Enlisting and training a core team
- Ministry focus area
- Evangelism strategy
- Family priorities
- Disciple-making principles
- Small groups
- Worship strategy
- Designing Your church systems
- Getting ready to launch
- Strategic mileposts for success
How long is the school?
When does the school meet?
The school will meet as follows:
- Week #1: Live Training Session at church (including dinner)
- Weeks #2, #3, #4: All class locations join in for live video/tele-conference training session class (preparation will be by a 30-min. video session, assigned reading)
- Week #5: Live Training Session at church (including dinner)
- Weeks #6, #7, #8: All class locations join in for live video/tele-conference training session class (preparation will be by a 30-min. video session, assigned reading)
- Week #9: Live FINAL Training Session at church (including dinner)
What will be needed for classes?
Each participant will receive a web link to an online, shared Dropbox where class materials will be stored for download. The Participant Dropbox will contain:
- Participant notebook and handouts to be printed by participant.
- Link to video preparation sessions – Most sessions will require watching a 30-50 minute video and filling in the blanks in the participant notebook. Fill-in-the-blank handouts are also provided for each video/tele-conference.
- Any supplemental resource materials and/or bibliographies.
Textbook: Planting Missional Churches: Your Guide to Starting Churches that Multiply (2nd Edition) by Ed Stetzer and Daniel Im. Broadman & Holman (2016)
- Read great quotes from Planting Missional Churches HERE and HERE. Read endorsements from Christian leaders HERE.
- Save $10.00 if you order this book digitally before class starts. Enter the word DIGITAL at checkout.
Who should attend?
- Lead Planter/Pastor
- 3-4 additional members from the planting team, core group or partner organization.
Team members will be helpful to the planter/pastor during most of the sessions. The LIVE sessions focus on interactive group activities that utilize the entire team. Team members can also attend the web/tele-conference sessions at no additional cost. A Lead Planter/Pastor may attend the school alone, but they are encouraged to bring a team, if possible.
- NOTE: No childcare is provided
How much will it cost?
- Only $199.00 per Lead Planter/Pastor couple. The cost includes one textbook, all required materials and meals.
- $79.00 per team member, including one textbook, all materials and meals (Registration is transferrable).
- Scholarships: If needed, Lead Planter/Pastors should contact their partner association and see if any scholarships are available for the school. Some associations might provide partial, matching or full scholarships for attending. If a scholarship is provided, your association will give you a Discount Code to enter at registration checkout.
PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW FINANCES TO PREVENT YOU FROM ATTENDING.
The 3-week guarantee
If a Lead Planter/Pastor attends the first three consecutive meetings (1 live, 2 web/tele-conferences) and decides that church planting is not God’s direction for them, they can request a 75% refund and keep the textbook and all materials. This includes team members. No refunds after the third week.
What support will I have to apply what I learn?
Participants will find ongoing support by attending three monthly I-Group meetings following the school. The Implementation Group meetings begin approximately one month after the final session of the school. Each class group meets as an implementation group (or I-Group) for encouragement and accountability, coaching for best implementation of strategic plan, and continued group networking. The group is facilitated by one of the school’s presenter/coaches.
REGISTER TODAY for this Church Planting School. This school is more than just a workshop on how to plant a new church; it is a spiritual journey of growing in your faith in Jesus Christ. Each step in the process works together to help potential church planters achieve their goal of planting a healthy, multiplying church.